Jun 15, 2015

Which Gel Moisturizer is Worth Your Bucks

With the hot summer months, I need a light-texture moisturizer but yet hydrating. I have oily-combo skin but after the past long cold winter, I find my skin a bit dehydrated. My regular moisturizer is rich enough but I don't feel like applying it as it is just too heavy.

I have been trying out different gel moisturizer which is in trend right now. The 3 that I tried is quite similar in texture and properties but which one is worth your bucks?


Two of them are deluxe sample size from Sephora and one full-sized product purchased at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Belif True Cream Aqua Bomb CAD $48 for 1.68 oz 


Both the Clinique and Belif are almost identical in price for the product. Belif is more of a gel texture than the Clinique one. 



Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel Cad $18.99 for 1.58 oz

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel is aimed at very dry skin. I was hesitant to try as I thought it would be too much for my skin type. But to my surprise, it is not and just about right.

Out of the three, the price point of the Neutrogena is the most appealing to me. However, I don't find it extremely hydrating. It does get absorbed quite fast into the skin so it is perfect to use in the morning before makeup. 

Between Clinique and Belif, I would definitely pick Clinique. It is much thicker in texture and it does take a bit longer to get absorbed into the skin. But I find it extremely hydrating and see an overall improvement of my skin being "rejuvenated" after applying it for a couple of weeks. It makes foundation application so much nicer when your skin is plumped and hydrated. 

I know after I am done with these, I would definitely purchase the Clinique in full-sized.








6 comments:

  1. I've given up on drugstore moisturizers, any I have tried are more drying than moisturizing. I tried a foil packet of the Belif and it felt so good! I'll probably purchase that next, after going through some more deluxe samples...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always used Olay Regenerist and love it. I think I can say that is the only drugstore moisturizer I like as of now. Belief is a new brand Sephora carries. I am curious to try other products from the line.

      Delete
  2. I currently use Clarins HydraQuench for combo/oily skin, but I also use a serum so I can't say if by itself it would be moisutizing enough (I find most products for combo/oily skin are not enough for me, hence the serum).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought I would need this much hydration for my combo oily skin. I do the same as you, double up the serum with moisturizer to make it hydrating enough, especially for night time.

      Delete
  3. I've tried the Neutrogena one and didn't find it very hydrating either- and I have quite dry skin so that's definitely important for me! A great one I've been using that is super hydrating and has a gel like consistency is the Vichy Skin Sleep!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yes, I have the Vichy Skin Sleep as well and love it! To me, it is more of a sleep mask as it is so moisturizing.

      Delete