Feb 1, 2017

Tarte Shape Tape Contour Concealer

If you watch enough YouTube videos and heard about all these beauty gurus raving about one particular concealer, you would too want to see what the hype is all about.

Yes, it is the Tarte Shape Tape Contour Concealer.


I was late in jumping in the bandwagon is this concealer is exclusive to Tarte Cosmetics website and Ulta(which unfortunately does not ship to Canada). Shipping fee at Tarte Cosmetics is not too "Canadian-friendly" unless orders are over $75.  But I finally bite the bullet and ordered two shades.


Left: Light Medium
Right: Light Neutral

This concealer comes in 14 different shades. I picked two shades: Light Medium and Light Neutral. Light Medium is for my overall concealer and Light Neutral is a bit brighter so I would use that for my undereye area.

Tarte Shape Tape Concealer comes in a tube with a giant doe foot applicator. Texture is extremely creamy and if you slap on the applicator, it would be way too much product. You only need a tiny bit for full coverage of blemishes. I have tried a lot of concealers for blemishes and let met tell you, this is sure the winner. It is so easy to blend and the coverage is full. When you set it with a setting powder, I guarantee you it stays on for the entire day. I have a few blemishes/ dark pigmentation near my nose and I constantly rub and touch my nose, this is the only concealer which doesn't get rubbed off. 

As a concealer for the undereye area, this is quite amazing as well. I have been using the It Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye Concealer for years and has been my holy grail. This is going to be a tough tie with my holy grail. It Cosmetics one is very thick and it is not as easy to blend as Tarte Shape Tape. Both very creamy and does not accentuate fine lines under your eyes. I use a beauty blender to apply for my under eye and for blemishes, I use a small kabuki brush to dab product on. 

Overall, I am super impressed with the concealer and its performance. Con is it is not as readily available here in Canada. Maybe Tarte would start selling this at Sephora.ca.

This is my first time ordering from Tartecosmetics.com. Shipping is not the fastest and it is by Canada Post if you don't opt for Fedex shipping. I did have some issue with my order but customer service is very good and got my issue resolved. 

Have you tried this highly-raved concealer?

No comments:

Post a Comment