Feb 24, 2017

Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask Review

I have chapped lips all the time and constantly searching for a good lip balm or treatment so I don't have to reapply lip balm. My latest find is the Laneige Lip Mask.


Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask comes in a jar with a tiny silicone applicator. It has a blend mixture of strawberry, cranberry, raspberry and blueberry extract. I am a big berry lover and I just love the scent.



This lip mask reminds me a lot of Dior Creme de Rose. The texture is very similar. The Dior one is a little bit more "stiff" and the Laneige one is more "vaseline" and easier to blend. Dior Creme de Rose has been my favorite lip balm for the longest time but I am not a big fan of the hefty price tag. I have a blog post doing a comparison of my then three favorite lip balms. 

I have been using this lip mask every night for the past week. This, along with my other favorite: Nuxe Reve de Miel Lip Balm, are the only lip balm that would actually stay on my lips all night long and keep them hydrated. In the morning, I would still have a thin layer of the lip balm/mask left on my lips. 

Laneige Lip Mask claims to hydrate, sooth and at the same time exfoliate for smoother lips. I agree with the hydration and soothing part but as an exfoliant, I am not sure. The cute little tiny applicator is quite handy. It is more hygienic if you don't want to stick your finger in the pot every time. It also gives a more even application. 

I have tried a few products from Laneige and their Sleeping Mask is one of my favorite overnight hydration mask. This lip mask does not disappoint. But if you are looking for a miraculous lip treatment which would transform your lips overnight, it unfortunately does not. It keeps my lips very hydrated and I don't feel the need to exfoliate my lips throughout the week. The scent is amazing and yet not overpowering. It is not super sticky and it wears very comfortably on lips overnight. 



No comments:

Post a Comment