Dec 16, 2016

2016 Favorites


I have tried a whole bunch of new beauty products this year. Some fails and some gems. I have been trying to branch out to get out of my comfort zone, especially lip products. Happy to discover some beautiful wine berry lip shades which I adore immensely.

Lip Products:
  1. Clio Virgin Kiss Tension Lip in Pinkvely 
  2. Labiotte Wine Fitting Lipstick in RD01
  3. ColourPop Ultra Satin Lip in Wink
I tried a few new Korean makeup brands this year and so happy to discover new favorites. Clio Virgin Kiss Tension Lip in Pinkvely is a hot pink shade(see my post for swatch and review) which is a hot pink shade. I used to stay away from bold hot pink shades but thought why not. To my surprise, I like it a lot and especially this formula. I don't like matte lipsticks and with bolder lip shades, a good moisturized formula is the way to go. 

Another lip product I am obsessed with is the Labiotte Wine Lipstick in RD01 (see my post). Wine berry shade is my new go-to. You would think that is too bold to wear during the day but how I apply this is to dab the lipstick on gently and then use my finger to smudge it out a bit to give a more natural and subtle look. With dabbing and pressing the product onto the lips, plus the tinting effect of this lipstick, this stays on the lips for the majority of the day.

Third one is the ColourPop Ultra Satin Lip in Wink. I just got it this month and have been loving it. No wonder why ColourPop get so much hype. So affordable and the quality is phenomenal. For us Canadians, just watch out for free international shipping promo from time to time to catch a good deal.

Face Makeup:
  1. MUFE HD Invisible Cover Stick Foundation
  2. Burberry Cameo Blush
  3. RMS Magic Luminizer
MUFE HD Invisible Cover Stick Foundation is my first stick foundation and oh my, this is my holy grail. I have always thought stick foundation is drying, cakey and unnatural. But this one has changed my view completely. This is medium to full coverage but yet it still looks like skin. It gives the coverage I want and still look natural. 

Got this Burberry Cameo Blush in the Burberry Beauty Box 2016. This is a mini size but this will last me a long time. This is a very natural pink shade which is perfect for my minimal makeup look.

RMS Magic Luminizer is a very subtle cream highlighter. This is especially great for winter time when your skin is a bit dry and dull. It gives your skin some life. I dab it on my cheek bones and the inner corners of my eyes.

Eye Makeup:
  1. Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette
  2. Surratt Eyelash Curler
I am so late in the game of getting the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette. I was going to get their limited edition chocolate chip palette but since it is only exclusive to TooFaced.com and the shipping and duties are kind of crazy, I opted for the Original Chocolate Bar Palette. So glad that I picked this up and not only the chocolate scent is amazing, the pigmentation of these shadows is something else. So buttery and effortless to blend. 

I have been a loyal user of the Shu Uemura eyelash curler for years and years. But this year, I have switched up to Surratt Eyelash Curler. This fits better for my eye shape and doesn't pinch the skin or yank out lashes. 


Concealer:
It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Illumination Concealer

My holy grail is the It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye concealer for years. This year, they introduced a new one with illuminating properties. Instead of applying the regular one and then apply an eye brightener concealer, this is a two-in-one.


Skin Products
  1. Skin Inc. Hydrating Mask
  2. Skin Inc. Licorice Serum
  3. Skin Inc. Collagen Serum
  4. Sunday Riley Good Genes
I got the Skin Inc. My Mask Cocktail Kit a couple of months ago. The hydrating mask is amazing. If you don't like overnight mask which is sticky, this one is for you. It is surprisingly hydrating and you would wake up in the morning with glowing skin. I bought the set with a few serum and these two: Licorice and Collagen help my skin so much. 

Sunday Riley Good Genes is another skin product which helps my skin. When it comes to skin products, I don't have a lot of patience in using the product for a few months to see the slightest result. Good Genes gives me results after  probably 4 or 5 days of use. It is very expensive and I highly recommend to try out a sample first before buying the full-sized one. It is an acid-lactic treatment which scares me at first. I have never used such treatment before and even though I don't have super sensitive skin, I was a bit skeptical. But this is gentle enough. How I use this is apply this on a cleaned face at night. After it gets fully-absorbed(after 10 mins), I would apply my usual face oil/serum and then my night cream. I have tried using oil first and then apply Good Genes and that does nothing for me. So the order of how you use this is very crucial.


Candle:
Bath and Body Works Peppermint Marshmallow 3-wick Candle

I love anything peppermint and I used to love the Bath and Body Works Twisted Peppermint but find it a bit strong. I discovered the Peppermint Marshmallow last month and it is a perfect mixture between the Fireside Marshmallow and Twisted Peppermint. After I finished my first one, I quickly stock up a few of these. 

Have you discovered some new gems this year?



SaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment