Oct 3, 2016

September Favorites


I have made an effort in shopping my stash before running out to buy more makeup products this month. With the Sephora VIB sale approaching next month, I need to know what I have before hoarding another load of products and I am glad I did as I found some rediscovered goodies.


Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush Pin Up Girl Blush Palette

Tarte always has the most amazing holiday palettes and there is Amazonian Clay Blush Palette Color Wheel released:


That caught my eye and just before I hit the checkout button, a light bulb just went off in my head: " didn't I have a Tarte blush palette from 2 years ago?" Dashed to find the palette sitting in my bottom drawer. Started using it and ended up using it solid straight for 2 weeks. My favorite shade is Whimsy which is the middle shade in the palette. It is a light baby pink. I wasn't drawn to such light shades before but find it actually shows up nice on my complexion.

Rimmel Provocalips in I'll Call You
I have been loving lip tints lately and to be honest, I am too lazy in re-applying lipsticks throughout the day. This takes a little bit more time in applying it right the first time. You really need to let it dry it out completely before applying the lip seal. Then you will be good to go for the entire day.

Another lip tint I have rediscovered is the Chosungah 22 Dual Lip Tint & Gloss in Chiffon. The shade is very similar to Benefit Benetint but it is much easier to apply with the applicator and is not as drying.

Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Custard
Forgot how good this concealer is. It is creamy and it stays put. Very good in concealing blemishes and not drying out skin.

Last product rediscovered in my stash is the MAC Nude on Board Pro Longwear Bronzing Powder.  Have been using this so much this month that I hit pan which I am super happy about(yes, for those of us makeup hoarders, hitting pan gives us a great sense of satisfaction!) Such an easy and silky bronzer to use. It is a warm-toned medium brown shade and perfect to apply all over skin to give skin a healthy but subtle look.

Two new products I try this month:
It Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye Illumination Concealer in Medium (see my post for a brief review)
I have been using this a lot this month. Usually when I use the Bye Bye Undereye regular version, I have to apply either YSL Touche Eclat or the Dior Skinflash Radiance Booster Pen to give my undereye a boost. But with the new Illumination version, I don't have to. Really brightens up my dull undereye area.

Buxom Full on Lip Polish in Dominique
I got this from the Buxom 6 degrees below sexy mini full-on lip polish set. Dominique is a clear shade which I apply on top on almost all of my lipsticks to give my lips a plump look. It also helps moisturize my lips and seal my lipstick so the color stays on much longer.

Do you shop in your stash to rediscover forgotten products?


No comments:

Post a Comment