Feb 15, 2014

Obsession with Nude Lipsticks

I have never been a nude lipstick gal as most nude lipsticks make me look sick. But the new buff collection from Maybelline has changed that.


I have three of them: 920 Nude Lust, 930 Truffle Tease and 945 Stormy Sahara

These lipsticks are not sheer and you only need a good application to make it last long.




From L to R: Nude Lust, Truffle Tease & Stormy Sahara

There are shades lighter than these in the collection but they are too light for my lips and would make me look washed out. I usually pair these with my Urban Decay nude lip gloss or Buxom Lip Cream in White Russian to get a more glossy look. They last quite long on my lips and moisturize enough as well. 


6 comments:

  1. I always feel like I have to balance out nude lips with a heavier or somewhat bold eyes and since I don't wear eye makeup that much I end up adding a bit of red to my nude lipsticks and turn them pinkish. These look great. Though I think I will end up adding more colour to them, or maybe one of these days I will actually wear my nude lipsticks with really bold eyes for a change :D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i do the same. Whenever I have minimal eye makeup, I would wear a brighter lip. But lately I have been obsessed with nude lip colors with moderate eye makeup.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the reviews, i love nude lipsticks too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to avoid the nude lipsticks as they make me look washed out. But I find if I line my lips with some color and then apply the nude lippies, they can work very well.

      Delete
  3. I find that nude lipsticks look good with smokey looks, when you want to balance the eyes and the lips and not wear bold lipstick.

    -Erica
    http://diaryofatrendaholic.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. exactly, nude lip looks are best with heavier eye makeup to balance out.

      Delete