Apr 8, 2013

MAC Extra Dimension in Bareness Review

Got my MAC order placed last Thursday already. One thing about placing a MAC online order, shipping is super fast. After I placed the order on the limited edition extra dimension blush, I have serious doubts about my purchase as it looks light and may not show up well on my NC 30 skintone.



On the website, this is described as a rosey beige color. In real life, it has a champagne pink touch.





This swatch is from natural lighting

As you can see, it barely shows up on my skin which I was a bit disappointed.


After blended, it is barely there, which suits its name. You can only see a light sheen of pink.

I knew the formula of this blush is very sheer but didn't expect it to be that "barely there". So I decided to apply some primer on my arm to do another swatch.


Now it shows up a bit better but still have to swirl on the pan a few times before it shows up on my skin.


Next, I moved on to my cheek to really test it out. I have a light application of foundation on and thankfully the blush shows up ok on my cheeks.



Here is a close-up and I am pretty happy with the results. 

Overall first impression of this blush is I really like the texture of this blush. It is not powder and it is not cream. It is somewhere in the middle and I find it applies quite differently on your arm than on your cheeks, also it shows up much better with foundation. For lighter shades in this collection, have to swirl a few times on the pan to have the color payoff desired. If you have darker skintone than me, would recommend trying a darker shade in the collection. 







3 comments:

  1. Peculiar article, exactly what I was looking for.

    Here is my weblog - get blonde golden retrievers facts

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blush looks too pretty to touch. It looks nice - very natural on you.
    Thanks for stopping by and following my blog. New follower here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer softer colored blush on me and I'm really loving this new blush which I thought it would be a fail at first glance. Thanks for popping by, very sweet of you :)

      Delete